Hi, friends. Today’s recipe is a quick and easy Ragi Dosa Recipe, or we can also call it Nachni flour dosa. You can make this healthy and yummy breakfast recipe in hardly 5 minutes. Enjoy this recipe with a good green chutney and tangy tomato sauce. This recipe is from the southern part of India, especially from Karnataka, where you can see many recipes made of Ragi. This recipe is also gluten-free, as it contains ragi and rice flour.
Once you start having this recipe, you will have this every week at least once, which will help you save time and benefit your health. I make it frequently because my husband and son like this dosa a lot, I also like it a lot. Ragi has huge benefits for diabetic patients, and it is also helpful for reducing your weight.
Table of Contents
The Ragi Dosa Recipe is extremely easy to make. It has two major elements: 60 to 70% Ragi flour and 25% rice flour. It is mixed with chopped onion, coriander leaves, green chillies and a little salt. These all are mixed with water and make the consistency of a rice dosa batter. Then, pour it into a pan or a tava and make a dosh out of it. You will get detailed step-by-step instructions with all the images below of Ragi Dosa Recipe.
We have also added a video from our YouTube channel to make your efforts easier. We hope you will enjoy this recipe as we do. Please check out the below recipe.
After trying this Ragi Dosa Recipe, share this with your friends and family and share your gratitude by giving the stars below. This recipe can also be used as a tiffin recipe for kids as they will enjoy its soft and dosa aspect. Once you make this recipe, you can store it in a tight vessel to keep it soft.
I would prefer you to make it when the person is available to eat for the best taste. I hope you will like this recipe. Please share your comments in our email id; thank you for reading this blog. Enjoy this recipe.
How to make Ragi Dosa recipe at home?
Ragi Dosa Recipe
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 whisker
- 1 Iron Tawa
- 1 Mixer Grinder
- 2 Cups Ragi Flour
- 1 Cup Rice Flour
- 1 finely chopped Onion
- 3 green chillies chopped
- Coriander Leaves chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt as per taste
- Add 2 cups of ragi flour to a mixing bowl.
- Next, add one cup of rice flour.
- Mix mix both the flour properly
- After mixing it well, add chopped onion, green chillies, coriander leaves, and some cumin seeds.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Now add water in portions to flour until a dosa batter consistency is formed.
- Now, you can see in the image that perfect consistency is better.
- Greece the hot iron pen and keep it on high, medium flame.
- Pour the Better over the tawa, as shown in the image or the video.
- Pour half a tsp of ghee/ Oil on the edges of the dosa.
- Let it cook on one side for 1-2 minutes on medium flame.
- Now, turn the dosa to the other side and cook it well for 1-2 minutes.
- Dosa is ready; follow the same process and make delicious and healthy ragi dosa.
- For making the chutney, we can start with 1/4th cup of chopped coconut
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, three green chillies and a tiny ball of tamarind.
- Then, Add a handful of fresh coriander leaves.
- Add salt as per taste. You can even add some jaggery to balance the taste.
- Finally, it goes in some water to grind it to a fine paste.
- Spicy and tanky green chutney is ready.