If you’re a fan of spicy and savory dishes, mutton ghee roast is a must-try. This traditional South Indian dish is packed with bold flavors and tender meat.
Indulge in the rich and spicy flavors of mutton ghee roast, a classic South Indian dish that will leave your taste buds craving for more.
Table of Contents
If you’re looking for a flavorful and hearty meal, mutton ghee roast is a dish you won’t want to miss. This traditional South Indian recipe features tender mutton cooked in a rich and spicy ghee-based sauce, making it a favorite among those who love bold and savory flavors.
We have also attached a video link to this recipe to make this easy. Please share your thought in the comment section and share your love by giving us the star.
How to make Mutton Ghee Roast recipe at home?
Mutton Ghee Roast Recipe
- 1 Mixer Grinder
- 1 Pressure Cooker
- 1 Kadhai
- 1 Kg Mutton
- 3 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Black Pepper
- 3-4 No Cloves
- 1 piece Cinnamom
- 8-10 No Kashmiri Red Chilly
- 1/2 tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 1/4 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 4 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 Cup Curd
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Curry leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Red Chilly Powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- Lemon Juice
- Ingredients of mutton ghee roast
- Dry spices for masala
- To cook, add one tablespoon of ghee and one tablespoon of oil.
- To prepare the dish, include ginger and garlic paste in the frying process.
- Please ensure that you fry it properly.
- Please add some curry leaves.
- Kindly add half a teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Include mutton in the pan and stir-fry it for one minute.
- Ensure that you mix it thoroughly.
- Please add a small amount of salt.
- Now add half a glass of water.
- Please close the lid and allow it to cook until it whistles 4-5 times.
- Please proceed to roast all the dry whole spices.
- Next, add the dry red chillies and roast them thoroughly.
- To make a fine paste, grind the roasted masala, ginger garlic paste, and a little lemon juice.
- The paste is now complete and ready.
- In the same pan, include three tablespoons of ghee and some oil.
- Please fry some curry leaves.
- Next, add the masala paste to the oil and fry it thoroughly for 2-3 minutes.
- Please ensure that all ingredients are thoroughly mixed together.
- Please add a pinch of salt.
- Next, include 2-3 tablespoons of curd.
- Please add chopped coriander leaves.
- After removing the whistles, ensure that the food is cooked correctly.
- Pour the mutton stock into the masala and allow it to boil for one minute.
- Add cooked mutton to the dish and continue cooking until any excess water has been removed.
- The mutton ghee roast is now prepared and can be decorated with some chopped coriander.
- The mutton ghee roast is now ready to be served. This dish pairs well with both chapati and hot rice.